The newest consortium to join ISNI consists of the Legal Deposit Libraries of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland:
- British Library
- National Library Of Scotland
- National Library of Wales
- Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford
- Cambridge University Library
- Trinity College Dublin Library
These libraries each receive a copy of every item published in the UK and have a collaborative programme to catalogue these items.
The initial one year ISNI pilot will explore a number of different use cases within the group of libraries including the use of ISNI in non-print legal deposit cataloguing, manuscripts cataloguing, sound and moving image cataloguing and the national shared cataloguing programme.